Thursday, April 18, 2013

Old Dead Theologians - Proven True



This last week has been an unfortunate eye opener for me.  I observed Lutherans beating up other Lutherans, all of them pastors, by the way, over on Facebook.  All of it stemming from the notorious "third use of the law".   Some afraid to be called a "pietist", others affirming our confessions.  And I have an idea both of these sides are speaking past each other.

In these discussions the name of a Lutheran author came up, who I have read several of his books.  I had been "warned" about this particular author, but without specifics.  Lo and behold, it turns out he denies that the scripture is without error.  It caused me much concern.  What have I believed that is error?  Am I gullible enough to believe everything a person writes?  I pray that I have chewed on the meat and spit out the bones.  Jesus can correct me.

In light of all of this, for the time being my reading list is culled down to:  Scripture and Book of Concord; a book on young adults; and a novel or two.

No comments: