Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In Thee is Gladness

Do you remember the 1970s?  Churches were full of people of all ages.  People still sang.  Some of us even sang parts.  We sang at school, we sang on the way home from school, we sang with the radio, I sang with my Dad, we sang in the car, and we sang at church.  Singing was a joyous thing.  I still sing to My Savior when I do chores.

Tonight I went to a worship service that was part of a pastors' conference. My mind briefly went back to my high school days with full churches, with people who sang.  Tonight was full of men with strong voices, not timid self conscious singers.  I could sing along, enjoy the company, and relish the taste of what awaits us in heaven.

The service was about as liturgical as a service could be.  There were parts of the service that I had never heard.  Chanting Psalm 130 brought me to tears.  Ending with a praise to the triune God.  I could not hold back my tears.  I did try to keep them to myself.  The Holy Spirit was ministering to me, bringing a balm of joy and peace.  Never have I wanted to raise my hands in worship of God more than during this service.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit;
as it was in the beginning,
is now and will be forever.  Amen.



1 comment:

David Cochrane said...

Cool! I am glad you were able to be there and be a part of such a wonderful expression of joy. Glorious is a fully Christ centered Divine Service.