Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Evangelizing Locally


When I reflect upon my past, I recall so many missionary organizations visiting our church with a plea to go out into the field to harvest. It was always to other countries; foreign, exotic lands with foreign cultures and peoples. People that answered this call seemed more spiritual than those of us who remained at home.

The missionary field is now at home. It is unbelievable to me, in some 40 years, how ignorant Americans have become of Christianity. There are multiple reasons for this, which I won't go into now.

These days my heart yearns to work alongside local evangelists. Ones brave enough to stand up and gather a crowd, hand out tracts, or just talk to passers-by. Until then, I will be mindful of the opportunities God places before me. All believers are given the ministry of reconciliation .

Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, ~ 2 Corinthians 5:18

No comments: