"This is our first task as a society, keeping our children safe. This is how we will be judged. And their voices should compel us to change." - President Barack Obama, 1/2013
The morning I heard this, the first thing I thought was, "Then do something about abortion." I was livid at the hypocricy. How is it that so few see it? It is so overwhelming to think of the horror that our society permits and adores. Yes, adores. Abortion exists on the altar of self, the altar of convenience.
That day I was in a foul mood. I shocked a female friend when the topic came up. I told her my response to his speech was, "Bullsh*t. Why doesn't he do anything to protect all children? Why doesn't he do something about abortion?" She was surprised. The surprise could have been due to the fact that I don't often use that kind of language, people don't often see me in a foul mood, or she assumed I am pro-abortion because I am female.
We women that become angry and frustrated at our culture's lack of compassion for others need to voice our opinions. Here are some ideas:
1. Handwrite letters to free the unborn from the tyranny of abortion. Then send it to your local newspaper, representatives, senators, and the president.
2. Speak out, if given the chance. At parties, at coffee, at work.
3. Start a blog. Start a vlog.
4. March in a Walk for Life.
5. Get involved in your local Crisis Pregnancy Center.
6. Buy diapers for the local Crisis Pregnancy Center.
7. Last, but not least, pray.
If you have other ideas, leave them in the comments.