Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Joy of Jesus Alone


Today was a red letter day for me: I realized that the systematic theology that I thought was the key to scripture is gone. The joy and freedom that I feel is indescribable. To be stripped of idols is a heart wrenching process that results in the greatest joy of Jesus alone!

To know the Holy Trinity's overflowing love for me is uncontainable, none one can stop it; it flows to all of humanity. We see it in Jesus when on the cross he asks for forgiveness for "them". That forgiveness has been purchased; receive it and praise Him.

Cling closely to scripture. It reveals the Lord that purchased you and me, dear Reader.

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
~ Psalm 5

2 comments:

David Cochrane said...

Julie,

I am happy to see that your joy in the Lord has returned full force! Proper understanding of scripture is vital to defeat the world, our sinful flesh and the devil. However, we must never neglect returning to childlike faith and delight in our Saviour.

God's peace. †

David Cochrane said...

Need more posting St Julie!